Things to Buy For A New House
There is always a lot to do when moving into a new home, whether you’re moving across town or across the country, including a long list of things to keep track of. Many are things you take for granted when you’re settled into a home. For example, no one wants to wake up that first morning in a new house only to realize taking a shower would create a serious mess because they don’t have a shower curtain.
In an effort to prevent unfortunate situations like this one, we’ve put together a list of all the things you need to buy for a new house if you don’t already have them on hand. You’ll thank us when the day comes you realize you threw away your old broom while packing but never managed to remember to buy a new one!
Things to Buy for a New House Checklist
- Cleaning supplies: check out our cleaning supply checklist for a full list.
- Trash can for each room that will need one
- Trash bags
- Shower curtain
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Kitchen organization items
- Pantry staples
- Paper towels
- Dish soap & sponges
- Light bulbs
- Extension cords
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- New locks and keys
- Window coverings
- Storage bins
- Fire extinguisher
- Basic tool kit
- Snow removal equipment (if it snows where you’re moving!)
- Décor, because making a house a home is just as important as all the practical things!
Feeling overwhelmed by everything there is to do in the moving process? Molly Maid can help with our move-out cleaning services and move-in cleaning services, customized to fit your needs!
Contact us at (800) 654-9647 for details about our cleaning services and costs.